[opencms-dev] mod_proxy and other tomcat application

Alessandro La Rocca alessandro.larocca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:26:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

I followed the instructions to setup OpenCMS, Tomcat and the Apache
webserver with mod_proxy. All work fine.

Now, users are not able to access other Tomcat webapps. The httpd
configuration is like the following:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    <Directory "/opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/ROOT/">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    ServerName webcms
    ServerAdmin alessandro.larocca at gmail.com
    DocumentRoot "/opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/ROOT/"
    ErrorLog logs/webcms-error.log

    # Log only non-redirect requests in normal log file
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect
    CustomLog logs/webcms-redirect.log common env=redirect
    CustomLog logs/webcms-access.log common env=!redirect

    ProxyPass            /opencms/        !
    RedirectPermanent        /opencms/        http://webcms/

    ProxyPass            /resources/        !
    ProxyPass            /export/        !

    ProxyPass            /            http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/
    ProxyPassReverse        /            http://127.0.0.1:8080/opencms/

    ProxyPass            /yazd/        !
    #ProxyPass            /yazd/            http://127.0.0.1:8080/yazd/
    #ProxyPassReverse        /yazd/            http://127.0.0.1:8080/yazd/
</VirtualHost>

As you can see, yazd is the sample webapp I would reach. I made a lot of
test, even a symlink to the \webapps\yazd folder within \webapps\ROOT
without success. If I try to get "http:/webcms/yazd/" the server return
a 404 error code reporting that "The requested resource "/opencms/yazd"
was not found on the server"

Have you any hint?

Best Regards,
Alessandro