[opencms-dev] Exception during install of 6.2 beta

Xenofon Grigoriadis xgrigoriadis at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 29 19:40:07 CEST 2006

Jonathan Woods schrieb:

> If you want to re-install, you should also drop the database instance for
> the old installation:
>
> 	DROP DATABASE opencms
>
> (assuming you accepted the default name when you carried out the earlier
> installation).
>
> Jon

!!!!!
Can you please explain that to me? As far, as I understand the
installation mask for Oracle, there is no db-creation during install,
only a user and the tables are created. Please explain.
As an oracle developer, I don't think it should be inevitable to drop
the database. If one knows which objects are being created during
installation, than you can drop them too.