[opencms-dev] How to send email from a form

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 22:12:31 CEST 2006

On 22/03/2006, at 5:30 AM, Subramanians wrote:

> I am new to OpenCms. I need to send email from a form in OpenCms
> 6.0. I have made necessary changes to opencms-system.xml but not
> working. I have looked into the mailing archives and did not find
> much help. Any help is appreciated.

I think this was new in 6.2, but there is a structured content email
form type that you can use in that.

Otherwise you can do what we're doing, which is to use the Java API
to send emails, which employs the settings you've seen in opencms-
system.xml.  We had to do things this way as I was pulling the email
address out of our staff profile structured content.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.