[opencms-dev] broken module problem

Ruben Malchow ruben at khm.de
Sat Apr 1 13:44:41 CEST 2006

hi,

i am having a problem with a broken module i imported. i extended a
A_CmsToolHandler and referenced it in my module's manifest. this class
in turn references some org.opencms.** classes

after i installed the module and did the "reload workspace" thingy, it
barfed saying it could not resolve

	org.opencms.workplace.tools.A_CmsToolHandler

(and a few other org.opencms things, too)

now, the biggest problem is that i can't even delete the module and go
back to the grindstone, because the entire opencms instance is now
broken: it doesnt process any more request, and it also does't start
anymore afterwards:

first, it fails during tomcat startup in with a ClassCastException
org.apache.catalina.util.ExtensionValidator

then, when i move the jar file in question to the WEB-INF/lib directory,
it starts to complain about the same "unresolved compilation problems"
as it did when i reloaded the workspace settings ...

my CmsToolHandler is basically an exact copy of the one from the
flexcache administration tool's handler ... i can't see, why one should
work and the other does not ...

.rm