[opencms-dev] Bug: logging in using the welcome page

Martin Höller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Mon Apr 3 10:31:20 CEST 2006

Hi all!

I'm quite new to OpenCms and it seems I found a bug. I just did an
installation of version 6.2 and hit a problem related to logging in via
the welcome-page.

Right after installation I'm forwarded to the welcome page
http://myserver:8080/opencms/opencms/index.jsp which offers the
possibility to login via the form at the bottom.

When I log in as Admin using this form, it's not possible to edit
anything in the workplace or to create new resources. It seems like I'm
not having the required permissions.

If I do a login via http://myserver:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login/
instead, everything works as expected. Existing files can be modified
and new ones can be created.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious here?

thanks for your help,
- martin