[opencms-dev] Collector warnings about resource types

Panos Kavalagios Panagiotis.Kavalagios at eurodyn.com
Mon Apr 3 14:36:25 CEST 2006

Hi all,

    I am getting the following warnings in my OpenCms 6.0.4 instance:

*$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/logs/opencms.log:*
03 Apr 2006 15:09:25,526  WARN [le.collectors.CmsCollectorData: 105] The
resource collector parameter for the resource type should be the name
"faq", not the number "35".
03 Apr 2006 15:09:49,678  WARN [le.collectors.CmsCollectorData: 105] The
resource collector parameter for the resource type should be the name
"news", not the number "30".

In the OpenCms documentation there is an example that uses number
instead of string (resource type 11). I have to note that the
<contentload> tag which uses the "collector" property to read the
resource type works fine.

    To get rid of this message should I have to change the resource type
for the "param" attribute of <contentload> tag to "faq" or "news"
instead of 35 and 30 respectively? If I don't, will the number approach
for the resource type parameter be deprecated and my code will stop
working in future releases?

Regards
Panos

P.S. UNIX fortune: "If the code and the comments disagree, then both are
probably wrong.", "A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation." :)

--
Panagiotis Th. Kavalagios
Electrical & Computer Engineer