[opencms-dev] Collector warnings about resource types

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 3 22:10:02 CEST 2006

Hi Panos,

Panos Kavalagios schrieb:

> *$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/logs/opencms.log:*
> 03 Apr 2006 15:09:25,526  WARN [le.collectors.CmsCollectorData: 105] The
> resource collector parameter for the resource type should be the name
> "faq", not the number "35".
> 03 Apr 2006 15:09:49,678  WARN [le.collectors.CmsCollectorData: 105] The
> resource collector parameter for the resource type should be the name
> "news", not the number "30".
>
> In the OpenCms documentation there is an example that uses number
> instead of string (resource type 11). I have to note that the
> <contentload> tag which uses the "collector" property to read the
> resource type works fine.

The documentation is outdated.

>    To get rid of this message should I have to change the resource type
> for the "param" attribute of <contentload> tag to "faq" or "news"
> instead of 35 and 30 respectively? If I don't, will the number approach
> for the resource type parameter be deprecated and my code will stop
> working in future releases?

1. Yes.
2. Possibly.

Actually, I don't really understand the current state of affairs. Custom
resource types have both a numeric ID and a name, for which you have to
ensure *manually* that they do not conflict with each other. This is far
from satisfying, considering that the definition of resource types can
be scattered over several files. What I know is that you get into
trouble if there is a conflict.

IMHO, this calls for a GUID.

Robert