[opencms-dev] Is the search module usable at all?

Volker Goetz goetz at sectionone.de
Mon Apr 3 23:19:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

first any apologizes if anything below sounds a bit rude. I am *really*
frustrated now as I have read nearly every posting on search questions in
this mailing list and on some forums. It seems that never ever had anyone
been able to describe the steps beeing necessary to get the search working
nor has anyone ever successfully manged to setup the search module in a
multisite environment (without fiddling around in java sources?).

To describe my setup:

I have a new site /sites/MySite with a an accompanied project 'MySite'.

I have set up a new search source in the Administration view, containing
all available document types and with /sites/MySite as path.

I have set up two search indices in the Administration view using the newly
created search source, the one index is on the online project, the other
on the new 'MySite' project.

I recreated the indices.

Seraching in either of the indices from the Administration view works as
expected. But I can view the documents from the search result only when I
select '/' as the project in the workplace.

In a jsp page in my site MySite, I loop through all available search
indices using the same hardcoded search string for all iterations. None of
the indices yield any result.

So far for now. I have given up, the search module in its current state is
just useless for me.

PS: Almost everything else works just as expected, at least after some
try'n'error cycles.

--

Best regards

Volker Götz

section(one               Mail goetz at sectionone.de
Dipl.-Inform. Univ.       Web  http://www.sectionone.de/
Volker Götz               Tel. +49 30 / 40 00 67 9-0
Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 15  Fax  +49 30 / 40 00 67 9-15
D-10178 Berlin            PGP  4FEB1C34 @ wwwkeys.de.pgp.net