[opencms-dev] Encoding of URLs by CmsSearch.java

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Tue Apr 4 22:13:50 CEST 2006

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Himberger schrieb:

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html and the
> URIEncoding option. We use this to fix this issue in our case.
>
> I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for that. I'd already gone so far as to analyze HTTP headers and
data with packetyzer. I was assuming all the time that the charset
specified in the header and metatags would be used (which apparently was
the case until Tomcat 5.0).

I understand now why it worked when I switched the page's
content-encoding property and the accept-charset of the form to
ISO-8859-1. Except for the generated links, of course, which would use
OpenCms's default, UTF-8, for reasons outlined in my previous post. Now
I can safely use UTF-8 everywhere. Thanks again.

Bye,
Robert