[opencms-dev] Is the search module usable at all?

Volker Goetz goetz at sectionone.de
Wed Apr 5 13:57:44 CEST 2006

Hi Joe,

Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 13:02 schrieb Joe Desbonnet:
> I never got to the bottom of that, desipte a number of helpful
> suggestions. What really threw me is that the search index was being
> built -- there data was there, because my scripts worked perfectly
> when Site="/".
>
> Here is what I discovered in the end... (quoting from an earlier
> post). Maybe someone who is more familiar with the code might have an
> "Ah Ha" moment with it....
>
> <quote>
[...]
> So I commented out this line in CmsSearchIndex.java (approx line 583):
>  pathQuery.add(phrase, false, false);
> (ie remove any path restrictions in the query)
>
> ... and everything works perfectly!!
> </quote>

Unfortunately this line does not exist anymore in the 6.2 sources. And I am
hesitant to patch around in the OpenCms core classes without knowing
anything about side effects etc.

--

Best regards

Volker Götz

section(one               Mail goetz at sectionone.de
Dipl.-Inform. Univ.       Web  http://www.sectionone.de/
Volker Götz               Tel. +49 30 / 40 00 67 9-0
Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 15  Fax  +49 30 / 40 00 67 9-15
D-10178 Berlin            PGP  4FEB1C34 @ wwwkeys.de.pgp.net