[opencms-dev] Is the search module usable at all?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 13:02:01 CEST 2006

I never got to the bottom of that, desipte a number of helpful
suggestions. What really threw me is that the search index was being
built -- there data was there, because my scripts worked perfectly
when Site="/".

Here is what I discovered in the end... (quoting from an earlier
post). Maybe someone who is more familiar with the code might have an
"Ah Ha" moment with it....

<quote>
I made some progress on my search problem. I had look at the
difference in some of the variables in CmsSearchIndex.search() method
when called from Site="/" and Site="JHL" (JHL is my website name). The
one that seems to make a difference is 'finalQuery'. The search
keyword is "test":

When run as Site="/"
finalQuery=+root:"root at o.c" +(meta:test content:test)
hitCount=2

When run as Site="JHL" (ie the website)
finalQuery=+root:"root at o.c sites at o.c JHL at o.c" +(meta:test content:test)
hitCount=0

So I commented out this line in CmsSearchIndex.java (approx line 583):
 pathQuery.add(phrase, false, false);
(ie remove any path restrictions in the query)

... and everything works perfectly!!
</quote>