[opencms-dev] Connecting to mySQL with php pages

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:00:21 CEST 2006

You may have a problem here -- OpenCms does not handle PHP. Not
directly anyways.

However all is not lost. Normally OpenCms is deployed using Apache as
the front end. You could deploy your PHP on Apache and communicate
with the OpenCms part of your site via the database, cookies or other
means.  Unfortunately that means you will need to implement your site
template twice: once in OpenCms  and once for PHP.

I also googled "PHP Java" and there seems to be a few projects on
integrating the two, eg
http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/

Perhaps someone else here might have done something like this before.

Joe.