[opencms-dev] Connecting to mySQL with php pages

Alain Gyger acgyger at csupomona.edu
Thu Apr 6 01:31:04 CEST 2006

I am programming a website using html, php and a mySQL database (the
classic LAMP setup), but with openCMS my php pages do not connect to the
mySQL database. Is there something I need to do to get that connectivity
(i.e. a module) or does openCMS no support mySQL connections when in
preview mode? What I get is just the text version of the php page when I
preview any page that calls a php file.

For example, my login page is login.html with a form and a submit
button. This submit button connects to a file called login.php, which is
supposed to connect to mySQL and authenticate the user. When I preview
the login.html file in openCMS I can enter my login information but when
I click on login.php I see the plain text version of that page and no
other processing is done.

My setup is as follows:

Gentoo

Tomcat 5

PHP 4.4

mySQL 4.1

The login.php file type is set to "plain"

Thank you