[opencms-dev] Stupid question ... site setup

John Mazzocchi John.Mazzocchi at tafmo.com
Fri Apr 7 07:26:37 CEST 2006

After playing for the last few days, and read various docs on the net ... a stupid question:

Is my site *a module*, or is it *a folder*? Should it live under e.g. /system/modules/com.mysite.www  or should it live under e.g. /sites/default/com.mysite.www ??

Does it make a difference? I can export it as a module - which has been very useful. But should it exist under /sites/default as well?

The alkacon-documentation exists both under /sites/default AND under /system/modules ... what is the relastionship between these? Am very confused ... my experience is mainly with Stellent and another (custom $3.5 million) system ... and they behave nothing like this.

Also, I need a multisite setup ... hence my question, the docs are confusing on this point. I guess I don't understand *from where* in the CMS strcuture that the pages are served.

Thanks for enlightenment.

Cheers
John