[opencms-dev] Stupid question ... site setup

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Fri Apr 7 07:47:17 CEST 2006

Hi John,

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=52

could be of help perhaps :-)

Cheers,
Arash

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of John Mazzocchi
Sent: Freitag, 7. April 2006 07:27
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: [opencms-dev] Stupid question ... site setup

After playing for the last few days, and read various docs on the net ... a
stupid question:

Is my site *a module*, or is it *a folder*? Should it live under e.g.
/system/modules/com.mysite.www  or should it live under e.g.
/sites/default/com.mysite.www ??

Does it make a difference? I can export it as a module - which has been very
useful. But should it exist under /sites/default as well?

The alkacon-documentation exists both under /sites/default AND under
/system/modules ... what is the relastionship between these? Am very
confused ... my experience is mainly with Stellent and another (custom $3.5
million) system ... and they behave nothing like this.

Also, I need a multisite setup ... hence my question, the docs are confusing
on this point. I guess I don't understand *from where* in the CMS strcuture
that the pages are served.

Thanks for enlightenment.

Cheers
John