[opencms-dev] Stupid question ... site setup

John Mazzocchi John.Mazzocchi at tafmo.com
Fri Apr 7 09:05:21 CEST 2006

Sorry Arash, I'm still confused ...

My current structure is all under modules ...

/system/modules/com.siteA.www/  =>  which contains my html snippets, i.e. the elements which are inserted into the Body and Footer inside the template jsp
/system/modules/com.siteA.www/resources/  => which contains my image files, css stylesheets, javascripts, etc.
/system/modules/com.siteA.www/templates/  => which contains my template files

When I browse this from within OpenCms it seems to work fine.

Are you saying that the html snippets should live under

/sites/default/siteA/ ?

If so, what would be the advantage of this?

Also, why would I (as a few online docs suggest) want image galleries? Can't the images all just live under my /resources/ directory?

Another question occurs to me ... what actually happens when I Publish?

And lastly, why does the documentation not explain any of this? Other CMSes I've used (about 6 or 7 others) have *thousands* of pages of docs & tutorials... seriously this area is the most lacking here, not the quality of your product - which is excellent.

Regards
John Mazzocchi