[opencms-dev] Error while updating 6.0.4 to 6.2.0

Carol Manchó carol at asic.udl.es
Mon Apr 10 12:10:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have resolved my problem. There was the CmsShell class in the
classes/org/opencms/main folder, that it wasn't supposed to be there.

Thanks all

Carol

En/na Ivan Codarin ha escrit:
> Hi,
> I don't know if you managed the problem.
> In my case I had on my [OPENCMS_HOME]/WEB-INF/classes a "com" folder
> with all the old classes used for legacy compatibility.
> I delete this folder and Now things are better (I moved it in another
> folder).
> I had it because I tested Opencms with .class files in my classes
> instead the jar/war distribution files.
>
> Let me know
>
> Ivan
>
> Carol Manchó wrote:
>> Please, Does anybody hnow how resolve this problem? Thanks
>>
>> En/na Carol Manchó ha escrit:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we have experienced a problem while updating from version 6.0.4 to
>>> 6.2.0, using JDK 1.5.0 under oracle. The following message error
>>> shows up importing modules. Does anybody know what causes this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> 1:      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.opencms.i18n.I_CmsMessageBundle.key(Ljava/util/Locale;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/String;
>>>
>>> 2:              at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:481)
>>> 3:              at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:150)
>>> 4:      java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 5:              at
>>> org.opencms.main.CmsShell.printPrompt(CmsShell.java:647)
>>> 6:              at
>>> org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:801)
>>> 7:              at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:663)
>>> 8:              at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:187)
>>> 9:      java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 10:             at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:605)
>>> 11:             at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.kill(CmsUpdateThread.java:114)
>>> 12:             at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:198)
>>> 13:
>>> 14:
>>> 15:     Shutting down OpenCms, version 6.2.0 in web application "null"
>>> 16:     Shutdown completed, total uptime was 00:00:22.