[opencms-dev] can't start opencms after mysql password change

mwpowell at adelphia.net mwpowell at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 12 04:24:51 CEST 2006

All,

This has something to do with the way in which I am starting tomcat. I can sucessfully start tomcat and opencms when I start tomcat from a command line using the startup.sh script.

However, when using an automated init.d script to startup tomcat it fails. I'm confused about this because this was working flawlessly in the past.  However, I recently changed the password to the root user on the linux box as well (I'm using Fedora Core 4).

The init.d script uses the following command to start tomcat....

daemon su -c /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/bin/startup.sh tomcat

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Mike