[opencms-dev] can't start opencms after mysql password change

Dmitry Lihachev lda at tusur.ru
Wed Apr 12 07:06:34 CEST 2006

Hello, Mike. 12.04.2006 9:24 You wrote:
> All,
>
> This has something to do with the way in which I am starting tomcat.
 > I can sucessfully start tomcat and opencms when I start tomcat from a
 > command line using the startup.sh script.
>
> However, when using an automated init.d script to startup tomcat it fails.  > I'm confused about this because this was working flawlessly in
the past.
 > However, I recently changed the password to the root user on the linux
 > box as well (I'm using Fedora Core 4).
>
> The init.d script uses the following command to start tomcat....
>
> daemon su -c /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/bin/startup.sh tomcat
>

> Does anyone have any experience with this issue?
>

> Mike

I think problem in the file permissions of the tomcat folders. Look on
permissions of tomcat/webapps/opencms. May be you installed OpenCms when
tomcat was started as root process and now OpenCms folders has only root
read-write permission. IMHO you must change owner of webapps tomcat
folders to your tomcat system account (e.g. tomcat or www - see
/ets/passwd) by the following command
# chown -R ${TOMCAT_ACCOUNT_NAME} ${TOMCAT_WEBAPPS_FOLDER}

Sorry for my poor English.

--
WBR, Dmitry Lihachev
icq uin: 120606300