[opencms-dev] Newbie Question #2

Panos Kavalagios Panagiotis.Kavalagios at eurodyn.com
Wed Apr 12 10:16:15 CEST 2006

Hi Mark,

    I have read this book and I can assure you that it will not help you
enough to deploy a solution in OpenCms 6 for the reason you have just
said. Many things have changed since version 5 and it is really annoying
to read about procedures that are deprecated and no longer used.

    Unfortunately, I haven't find any other resource except Alkakon
documentation and their sample sites examples. I would be also
interested in reading any other source of documentation about OpenCms.

Regards,
Panos

Mark Phillips wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Thanks. I took a look a the reviews of this book at amazon, and they were not
> very good. Especially since it covers v 5 and not v 6.
>
> Do you recommend these chapters and or the book?
>
> Are there any other online sources for v 6?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark
>
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 12:26 pm, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
>
>> There are two free chapters of Matt Butcher's book available online:
>> http://opencmsbook.packtpub.com/
>>
>> It covers version 5 of OpenCms, but many of the same principles hold...
>>
>> Joe.
>>

>> On 4/11/06, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I finally have a working installation of opencms.
>>>
>>> Is there a "Start Here Guide" that takes a newbie from the beginning of a
>>> project? An outline/beginners manual of how to use opencms?
>>>
>>> The software is impressive as I have poked around, but I am not clear on
>>>
> where
>
>>> to start and how to start.
>>>
>>> I downloaded all the documentation files, I just do see a "in the
>>>
> beginning,
>
>>> there was darkness, and then opencms was born." starting point.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Phillips
>>> Phillips Marketing, Inc