[opencms-dev] Benefits of 6.2 over 6.0.x

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:49:14 CEST 2006

Alexander Kandzior  a.kandzior at alkacon.com is one of the main OpenCms
developers at Alkacon.

There is talk of a JSR170 compliant content repository -- but
otherwise I don't know. Ya, it would be good to hear from Alkacon
again as to what are the current plans.

Personally I would like to see more modularization of the software. I
think the content repository in particular could be split into a
separate standalone piece of software with a stable and well defined
API linking it with other modules. I think it would make writing 3rd
party tools that need to access the VFS (virtual file system) easier
to write. Also the upgrade process between minor versions of OpenCms
would be easier (I think).

Joe.