[opencms-dev] Unable to delete resource

Nick DeSteffen Nick.DeSteffen at wausaubenefits.com
Wed Apr 19 20:06:14 CEST 2006

Ok, I installed the FTP module, tried restarting, and it doesn't come up,
I get this error message in the log file.  Anybody know how to remove a
module or a way to disable it during startup?

Thanks!

--------------------
The following critical error occured:
Critical error during OpenCms initialization:
de/ruben/opencms/modules/ftpd/FtpdAction (Unsupported major.minor version
49.0).
Giving up, unable to start OpenCms.
--------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.opencms.i18n.CmsResourceBundleLoader.getBundle(CmsResourceBundleLoader.java:223)
        at org.opencms.i18n.CmsMessages.<init>(CmsMessages.java:87)
        at
org.opencms.i18n.A_CmsMessageBundle.getBundle(A_CmsMessageBundle.java:159)
        at
org.opencms.i18n.A_CmsMessageBundle.getBundle(A_CmsMessageBundle.java:151)
        at org.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore.run(CmsThreadStore.java:157)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.opencms.i18n.CmsResourceBundleLoader.getBundle(CmsResourceBundleLoader.java:223)
        at org.opencms.i18n.CmsMessages.<init>(CmsMessages.java:87)
        at
org.opencms.i18n.A_CmsMessageBundle.getBundle(A_CmsMessageBundle.java:159)
        at
org.opencms.i18n.A_CmsMessageBundle.getBundle(A_CmsMessageBundle.java:151)
        at org.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore.run(CmsThreadStore.java:157)

Nick DeSteffen
Fiserv Health - Wausau Benefits
Web Development Group
nick.desteffen at wausaubenefits.com
(715) 841-6036

Ruben Malchow <ruben at khm.de>
Sent by: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
04/19/2006 10:54 AM
Please respond to
The OpenCms mailing list <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [opencms-dev] Unable to delete resource

well, the ftp module does support the delete operation. however i am not
sure what exactly would happen if you deleted resources whose resource
types are no longer present. it deletes files using

                 CmsObject.lockResource(String path);

                 CmsObject.deleteResource(
                                 String path,
                                 CmsResource.DELETE_PRESERVE_SIBLINGS
                 );

                 CmsObject.unlockResource(String path);

so. if that deletes the files without trying to lookup the resource type
first, it might work. if something underneath tries to do that, it'll
fail in that situation.

here's the url (again)

http://disco.kalkatraz.de/opencmsftpd/

.rm

Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> I wonder does that FTP module mentioned here a few days ago support
> the delete operation, and if so can it delete these files?
>
> Joe.

This communication is intended only for the recipient(s) named above; may be confidential and/or legally privileged; and, must be treated as such in accordance with state and federal laws. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this communication, or any of its contents, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to Nick DeSteffen and delete the message from your computer system.