[opencms-dev] importing files on remote site when opencms sits on remote site

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Apr 20 19:25:15 CEST 2006

Is there a way to import a single file or a set of files
which are residing on the remote machine when opencms runs on just that
remote machine?

I sit at my notebook. Uploading files to the server at the
remote machine only works when the file is on my notebook filesystem.

Importing seems only be possible with .zip files in the remote
package directory. The remote machine doesn't seem to have a zip binary
and I'm not sure whether one can import just a zip file without a manifext.xml.

Any clues other than copying the remote files to my notebook and then
upload it with the java applet?