[opencms-dev] installation on Oracle 10g - cannot drop user

Mathias Diehl md at evoconcept.de
Fri Apr 21 12:08:52 CEST 2006

Hi List,

I tried to install OpenCms on Oracle 10g (as we will use Oracle also for some other tasks...). Unfotunatly I'm far away from beeing a dba - but however...

My problem is that the installation fails as the install wizard tells me:

Error executing SQL statement: DROP USER opencms CASCADE
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected at...

As I'm quite sure that there are people out there running opencms with oracle I wonder what causes my problem.

I run opencms on tomcat 5.5 and (even though not authorized) oracle on debian sarge.

Any idea what's wrong? I tried to reboot my database and start the wizard again - no effect. I tried to reboot the tomcat server - no effect.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

cheers,

Mathias