[opencms-dev] Re: Deleting a structured content

losdrakanos at gmx.net losdrakanos at gmx.net
Sun Apr 23 14:05:35 CEST 2006

 > We have a small site with a news section. The people who have to
 > admin the site, don't want to access to the workplace. So we develop
 > a simple "login" page which change the Online project to Offline
 > project if the user have  the necesary privileges. If they delete a
 > news content, the content isn't visible in the Offline project, so
 > they can not publish it, but it is visible in the Online project; and
 > they don't want to login in workplace because they have not enought
 > "knowledge". Are you understanding me?

We had the same problem some time ago. After we sum it up with other
limitations of the OpenCms XML content implementation, we decided to use
our own database objects. If you already handle database content within
your portal (and every adequate sized portal does), there isn't much
additional work to do. Since you have to combine Lucene search with
searching your database content anyway, there is no disadvantage with
XML content search too.

Best regards,
Roman