AW: [opencms-dev] Re: OpenCms 6.2 Installation on WebSphere 6.0

arash.kaffamanesh at cmsforeveryone.com arash.kaffamanesh at cmsforeveryone.com
Wed Apr 26 08:09:21 CEST 2006

Hallo Georg,

My main problem is with OpenCms 6.2 (compiled with IBM JDK) Installation and Staticexport with 6.0.4 on WSAS 5.1.0.1, which hangs during the export (on 6.0.4 I don't have any major problems detected till now).

In general if I start the installtion and set the classloader modus to PARENT_LAST of the webmodule opencms.war, then I'm not able to start opencms, first I've to set it to PARENT_FIRTS, but then it will use the IBM Xcerces 1 (on WebSphere 5.1), and after the installation which runs only fine with 6.0.4, I've to change the classloader modus to PARENT_LAST and then it's ok.

My Questions:

can you start the installation with the right Xcerces (2.6.x) of OpenCms?

do you have set also the modus for the classloader to PARENT_LAST from scratch?

How different is the install procedure between 6.0.4 and 6.2 which one has to care about?

Thanks,
Arash