[opencms-dev] using oracle CMAN on port 1630

Mathias Diehl md at evoconcept.de
Wed Apr 26 13:29:36 CEST 2006

Hi List,

has anybody setup OpenCms sucussfull using Oracle's CMAN?

My setup is:

- tomcat 5.5
- apache 2 (with mod_jk)
- Oracle 10gR2 on seperate host

Testing sqlplus works fine and as long as I open all ports to my database everything is ok. When restricting connections to port 1630 tomcat can't initialize the db-connection.

I googled a bit a found something about connection string modification. So I changed the opencms.properties
like the following...

# URL of the JDBC driver
#db.pool.default.jdbcUrl=jdbc:oracle:thin:@eva.evoconcept.de:1521:evop001
db.pool.default.jdbcUrl="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=
        (address_list=
           (source_route=yes)
                (address=(protocol=tcp)(port=1630)(host=eva.evoconcept.de))
                (address=(protocol=tcp)(port=1521)(host=eva.evoconcept.de))
        )
           (connect_data=
                (SERVICE_NAME=evop001.evoconcept.de)
           )
         )"

but still fail (ok, to be honest - I've no idea what I'm doing here....)

Any help?

cheers,

Mat