[opencms-dev] OpenCMS and RPM packaging

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Apr 29 14:52:09 CEST 2006

Mike McGrath schrieb:
> Recently a vendor provided an OpenCMS solution to us with some
> modules.  Is there any way to package these either as one large RPM?
> Or, preferribly, one OpenCMS RPM and then RPM's for each module?  Has
> anyone else done this?
>
> I'm familiar with building RPMs, thats not the problem.  I'd just
> prefer not to have to use the web interface to import all the modules
> every time we install this product, I'd prefer to use yum.
>
>   -Mike
RPM as in "Redhat Package Manager"?
But how in the world would you know the place, where the web container
is installed on the target machine?
I'm not terribly familiar with RPM, but to me this would make sense
only, if an RPM can contain an additional script that is run upon
install, where you can try to get things straight.

Why not use a small shellscript which copies the module files and
triggers the CMS shell to import them?

Christian