[opencms-dev] Setting up an event listener

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu May 4 10:09:31 CEST 2006

Sam -

I'm about to delve into this myself.  Here are a couple of URLs which look
useful - even though they're for OpenCms 5.0, the approach will probably be
similar.  From a quick scan, there's nothing about registering ordinary
event listeners through config files, but you can certainly do it through
code  - code executed in the context of a module, maybe, perhaps as part of
a maintenance event handler which certainly can be declared in
opencms-modules.xml.

http://opencmsbook.packtpub.com/chapter6_preview.htm
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q2/004225.html

Jon