[opencms-dev] uploading large amounts of iles

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 8 13:02:39 CEST 2006

I'm importing a site into opencms and I did an upload of an untar'ed
directory tree (which unfortunately consist of 1800 files) The Java
upload applet is now hanging around for 10 minutes with an seemingly idle
alert box saying "counting resources". Maybe it actually takes so
long to count to 1800 in java but I'm about to cancel the upload and
consider another approach of getting the files into OpenCms.

How could one do that mor effectively?