[opencms-dev] edit xml content in administration view (OpenCms 6)

Nacho Fernandez snatcho at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:14:43 CEST 2006

Hi Michael!

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am sorry not to have thanked
you before, but I wanted to try and get the full idea working before. While
I was writing to you for further help for a last detail I found the final
solution, so I'll post what I did:

In a file where you get after clicking the admin tool icon you want that
sends the "resource" parameter with the resource name to edit, you should
write:

<%
String editor = "/system/workplace/editors/editor.jsp"; <----- if I use
"getEditorUri" it doesn't work properly (don't ask me why)
String backlink = intermediate_jsp;
String resource = the_resource_to_edit;
%>
Response.Write("<script>window.open( "<%= editor %>?<%=
CmsEditor.PARAM_RESOURCE %>=<%= resource %>&<%=
CmsEditor.PARAM_BACKLINK%>=<%= backlink %>&<%=
CmsEditor.PARAM_DIRECTEDIT %>=true","_top");</script>")

The intermediate jsp I mention as backlink is nothing but a copy of
"/system/workplace/views/workplace.jsp" where you fix the root of the body
page to load the page to redirect back to, more precisely to the right admin
jsp with the "path" parameter correctly set. That is, inside "cms.link" you
write "/system/workplace/views/admin/admin-fs.jsp?path=path_to_admin_tool",
where path_to_admin_tool is correctly set in the file system.

Thank you very much for your help and I hope this helps someone else.
Greetings,

Nacho.