[opencms-dev] How to open an external link from navigation in a new window

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Mon May 8 13:20:22 CEST 2006

Hi all!

I'm trying to figure out how to open an external link that is part of my
navigation menu in a new browser window. I searched the archives but the
only similar post i found was
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.opencms.devel/7681
...unfortunately without any reply :-(

Here is what I do:

1) create a new object using the "New" button from OpenCms' workplace
2) set the type to "External Link"
3) give it a "Name" and a "Link URL"
4) set a "Title", check "Add to navigation" and enter a "Navigation Text"

How can I get OpenCms to open this external link in a new browser window?
It's easy to do this for links used in a HTML page within OpenCms' HTML
editor (just set "Target" from the link properties to "_blank"). But I
can't see any possibility to get this behviour for external links like
described above. I already tried defining an attribute "target" and set it
to "_blank" without success.

Any hints?

- martin
--