[opencms-dev] large file area in FS space rather than VFS

Ruben Malchow ruben at khm.de
Mon May 8 18:30:59 CEST 2006

hi chris,

the actual reason for this is that there's no way of getting an
output/input stream from or to a resource. this means that all data will
have to be in memory, then written to the resource or read from the
database into memory and then passed to the frontend respectively.

thus the actual limit for files is the maximum length of a byte[] (which
i am not sure about at the moment ... 2gig?) or the maximum amount of
available memory, which is, in most cases, the more interesting limit.

i thought about writing a module that maps resources to blobs that can
be read and written using streams. anyone interested?

regards

ruben