[opencms-dev] large file area in FS space rather than VFS

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 8 17:19:30 CEST 2006

I need to provide a kind of download area with unlimited file
size for individual users.
My understanding is that the VFS only allows for relatively small files
(up to some tens of MB - http file transfer limit or what is the actual
reason for this?).

So how can I integrate an exported area in my web sites' physical
file system while maintaining user protection between users.

In the VFS I can set a visibility property IIRC, allowing me to let
certain users "see" only files they are allowed to, am I right on this?