[opencms-dev] OpenCMS site performance

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 8 20:40:01 CEST 2006

We have instances on OpenCms 5 running over 10,000 pages and seems to be
going ok (1 processor web server and 1 processor database server). The
workplace javascript was the biggest problem (can be quite big with large
folder structure), but that is no longer issue with version 6. All in all
version 6 is a massive improvement performance wise :-)

What you will want to do is to do static export for everything you can e.g.
images and then let apache serve the static export files from the file
system instead of going through opencms (this helped us a lot with
performance).

Regards,

Olli

   _____