[opencms-dev] how to remove /opencms/opencms/ from url in opencms 6.2 beta

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Mon May 15 17:12:37 CEST 2006

On 5/6/06, Tarun Dixit <dixit.tarun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>           We have developed a dynamic web site using opencms 6.2  beta. Its
> working fine. but now we are asked to remove /opencms/opencms/  from the url
> of every page.

I found this tutorial to be the best way to solve the problem you mention:
http://opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=713

IMHO, this should be THE official way to remove /opencms/opencms.
This issue is a veryFAQ, and I think that OpenCms developers should
try to make the process as easy as possible, to gain market share. The
solution proposed in the official documentation (install as ROOT) has
too many limitations (as you can have only one ROOT per tomcat
instance).

Please note that if you're using OpenCms 6.2, the "this.servpath" line
is now in the '/system/workplace/views/top_js.jsp' file.

Regards,
Alessandro Magnolo