[opencms-dev] Setting up dev environment for multiple developer

Robin Sharma preska2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 19:35:53 CEST 2006

Hi Arash,
   I think I found an alternative, Since OpenCMS uses
VFS, why not all the developers point to the same
database. Only one instance of openCMS ( identified as
the open CMS Server) will create database during
installation. All other CMS instances will be
installed pointing to the Database already created and
not CHECKING the checkbox to create database and
table. I did a simple test and it worked.

One Question: Does openCMS stores every thing (
created by users) in VFS or there are something that
are stored in real file system?

For struts application, there are lots of how-to in
the internet. If you have any particular usecase in
mind, I can create a complete struts application that
we can integrate with the open CMS. All we need to do
is play with web.xml.

Regards,
Robin

--- Arash Kaffamanesh