[opencms-dev] ver 5 -- Hidden resources after a module import

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue May 16 05:27:17 CEST 2006

Xavier Ottolini schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an (old) project with OpenCms 5.
>
> A problem occured during a module import.
>
> On my production server (Tomcat 4, Linux), I have got two folders
> "/www/en/" and "/www/fr/" which owns to the User Admin and the Group
> Users. The permitions are set to "rwvrwvr-v".
>
> I exported the complete module. The I downloaded the zip file with
> sftp. On my development server (Tomcat 4, Win 2000), I imported the
> module.
> The folder "/www/fr/" is visible. In the folder "/www/en/" no
> resources are visible.
> I unzipped the archive of the module to understand why. I opened the
> manifest.xml. The files are well described. The data are also well
> included in the archive.
>
> If I run a search by resource name. The resources included in "en"
> folder are found. I can even edit them.
>
> I do not understand why the resources are not visible in the explorer.
> Has anybody any idea ?
The only idea that i have is as follows:

if one of your resources uses a resource type, that is not really
defined or that is incorrectly defined, then the explorer window chokes
due to javascript errors and you see nothing, when entering into that
directory (or sometimes you might see just the icon of the 1st resource
in the folder, etc).

Check the sourcecode of the frame where the filelist should normally appear.

Regards
Christian