[opencms-dev] ver 5 -- Hidden resources after a module import

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue May 16 12:14:51 CEST 2006

Xavier Ottolini schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The only resources types which I use are jsp, plain text and page.
>
> I looked at the sources of the page. There is anly the table header.
> But no lines below for the items.
That's strange. If it's the right frame, then there should be javascript
code which contains the information about your files
Was it really the correct frame - the one where all the files are
normally listed...

If all the files you expect are listed here, then it is a client-side
display problem (possibly caused by corrupt data).
If the Javascript code does not contain any clue about your files, then
I sadly don't know, what's the problem.

> I checked at the Javascript Terminal in Firefox. I did not find any
> error relative to this page.
>
> What do you mean for "resource type that is not really defined or that
> is incorrectly defined" ?
Opencms allows to create custom resource types. If you use something
like this, create resources with your own type, export them out of the
system and import them into a system, where your restype is not known,
then this will lead to trouble.
Opencms 5 will import these resources, but they cannot be shown in
explorer, because (among other things) there is no known context menu
definition anymore.

Similar problems arise, if the javascript code that builds the context menu.

But if you just use standard resource types, then this will probably not
be the problem

C.