[opencms-dev] Nested contentload: anyone solved this?

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu May 18 22:23:37 CEST 2006

I'm using 6.2.1, and I'm trying to nest one <contentload> tag within
another.  I've come across what seems to be a fairly widely met bug which
means that under certain common circumstances you just can't:

http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=nested+contentload
<http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=nested+contentload&forum=654>
&forum=654

Has anyone solved this or found a good workaround?  I would happily load XML
content directly, but I need the direct-edit machinery for my users.

I have an XML resource with its template-element property set to a JSP
template which works fine under othe circumstances.  The outer <contentload>
has a 'singleFile' collector, and there are two inner collectors, one after
the other.  They're collector implementations of my own class, but I'm
fairly sure that's not where the problem is (though I'd be happy to find any
mistake!).  The immediate symptom of the problem is that the second inner
(nested) contentload section doesn't produce any content.  On trying to find
out why, I see that an exception has been raised; and on tracking things
down with a debugger, it looks as though (i) OpenCms has recursed and is
the outer collector, when it's called again, is yielding the VFS path to the
resource's JSP template!  (That's what gives rise to the eventual Exception
- the template is of course not valid XML.)

Jon