[opencms-dev] Tomcat aborts on installing OpenCms

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Fri May 19 07:37:46 CEST 2006

Hi!

On Friday 19 May 2006 03:12 SHIBUYA Katsutoshi wrote:

> I found a message in "/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out" as "Gtk-WARNING
> **: cannot open display:" so it looks like the problem with GUI
> library, but I don't have any more idea to solve it.
> Can anyone help me?

Did you (re)start your tomcat as root with the environment variable DISPLAY
set? Try unsetting it first. I had the same problem some time ago and this
helped.

However, setting -Djava.awt.headless=true as you said should fix this too,
but I tried adding it to CATALINE_OPTS instead of JAVA_OPTS, not sure if
this makes a difference.

hth,
- martin
--