=?iso-8859-15?Q?RE:_[opencms-dev]_trouble_w/_6.2.1_(login, _cmsshell)_-?= config error, solved

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat May 20 23:28:55 CEST 2006

> Christian -
>
> Sorry to hear about your problems.  I updated to 6.2.1, though I used a full
> new installation rather than the upgrade wizard, and I haven't experienced
> any proplems (other than the ones I caused myself).
>
> When you run the CmsShell, are you sure you are using a recent or compatible
> Java runtime?  The first time I tried it, I found I was running under the
> GNU Java Interpreter, or whatever it's called.
>
> Jon

Dear Jonathan,

thanks a lot for your reply. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You were perfectly right about Gnu java. Stupid me - thanks for the hint.
Using "real" java, the shell works now.

My actual error was that I had re-configured the opencms serlet to "/cms" instead of "/opencms"
With the upgrade I unthinkingly copied over the new web.xml into my webapp folder, but did not re-do my configuration change in the new file.

After adjusting the web.xml, it seems to work.

Regards
Christian