[opencms-dev] Structured Content and Logging in for Direct Edit

Mike Insch mike.insch at gmail.com
Sun May 21 04:14:44 CEST 2006

> > My first question is regarding Structured Content.  I'm hijacking
> > TemplateOne for my site, but I need to add new content types.  I have
> > added a new XSD into
> > /system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules/schemas/ and
> > I have created an appropriate JSP to render the content as per the
> > documentation.  What I can't work out is how to add an item into the
> > list that appears when you select New --> Structured Content.  Where
> > can I configure this?
>
> You can open the "opencms-modules.xml" placed in the "WEB-INF/config"
> folder of your OpenCms webapp and look for
> "<name>org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules</name>".
> Inside the "module" element you can see the "resourcetypes" and the
> "explorertype" elements. You can declare your new content type there
> and restart OpenCms to apply the changes.

Thanks for this, I now have my content type showing in the list.  It
took me a while to track down where to set the title of the content
type in the list (in the modules workplace.properties file), but when
I found that I also cracked the labels and help too.

> > The second question is regarding logging in for access to Direct Edit.
> >  I want to set the site up so that content managers can log in within
> > the site itself, and can edit content they are authorised to change
> > directly.  Is there a predefined login page which can be used within
> > TemplateOne?  Alternatively, is there a JSP I can 'borrow' the
> > appropriate code from?
>
> You can see something similar in the "OpenCms 6 Welcome page and
> release notes" module.
> I did a test following these steps:
>     * In the workplace, I defined a property "login_project" for the
> "/release/" folder and assigned it the value "Offline".
>     * I published the folder.
>     * I left from the workplace and went to
> "http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/release"
>     * There is a login form at the bottom of the page. If you login in
> with "Admin", for example, you would see the same page with the
> "direct edit" icon.

I'll have a look at this a little later.  Thanks.

> I hope that helps you.

Yes, you got me looking in the right places - very much appreciated.
--
Regards, Mike Insch, DipHE