[opencms-dev] Structured Content and Logging in for Direct Edit

Mike Insch mike.insch at gmail.com
Sun May 21 20:33:34 CEST 2006

> > > The second question is regarding logging in for access to Direct Edit.
> > >  I want to set the site up so that content managers can log in within
> > > the site itself, and can edit content they are authorised to change
> > > directly.  Is there a predefined login page which can be used within
> > > TemplateOne?  Alternatively, is there a JSP I can 'borrow' the
> > > appropriate code from?
> >
> > You can see something similar in the "OpenCms 6 Welcome page and
> > release notes" module.
> > I did a test following these steps:
> >     * In the workplace, I defined a property "login_project" for the
> > "/release/" folder and assigned it the value "Offline".
> >     * I published the folder.
> >     * I left from the workplace and went to
> > "http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/release"
> >     * There is a login form at the bottom of the page. If you login in
> > with "Admin", for example, you would see the same page with the
> > "direct edit" icon.
>
> I'll have a look at this a little later.  Thanks.

Well, I have now had a look at providing a login page, and I have got
that working fine, I can log in, and when I'm browsing my site, I can
see the Direct Edit buttons OK.

Unfortunately, whenever I click on one of the Direct Edit buttons, I'm
getting a NullPointerException at
org.opencms.file.CmsResource.getParentFolder(CmsResource.java:433).

I'm editing the content of a site (/sites/sra), and my configuration
has Apache as a reverse proxy removing the /opencms/ prefix. OpenCms
is installed in the Tomcat ROOT context.

Can anyone give me any pointers?
--
Regards, Mike Insch, DipHE