[opencms-dev] Problem with icons: They are missing

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun May 28 04:30:52 CEST 2006

David García González schrieb:
> Hi list, I have experimented a weird issue:
>
> Now the icons of the workplace are all the blank icon, and I can't click
> them, moreover, they are shadowed. The only icons that are ok are the
> jsp icon and the structured folder. Another issue: when i click on the
> new button, i can only choose between jsp and pattern page.
>
> It is very weird because I haven't uninstalled any module nor modified
> the Db. I haven't seen anything anormal in the logs.
>
> My OpenCms version is 6.2.1 and my DB is mySql 4.1
>
> Thanks to all the list!!

If I'm not totally mistaken, then the icons get published from the
virtual, database-driven filesystem into the real filesystem of your
webserver. Then the icons are actually used from there. It sounds as if
your icons got deleted from the real filesystem in some way or maybe
your server doesn't have proper permissions to read them.
Check the path that your icons come from and see, if they are there and
accessible.

hth
C.