[opencms-dev] Google Web Toolkit

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed May 31 20:30:07 CEST 2006

I like it.  Yahoo have one too (and several others, I imagine) - we're
probably spoilt for choice.

I think the safest first step in this work would be to get a nice clean
interface into Workplace functionality before trying to change much there.
Having been digging around the direct editing stuff, I wish there'd been
some documentation - e.g. UML class diagrams - on the main JSP entry points.
That would have made it much easier for me to customise behaviours and
implement new features.  If I were redesigning the Workplace to use AJAX
stuff, getting some clear definition of the interface would be the first
step; and then maybe you could decorate the existing browser-to-Workplace
interface with an AJAX layer before rewriting anything at the server side.
In an idle moment I drew the attached diagram to describe what I meant, and
now I'm not so sure of the benefit...

Jon