[opencms-dev] Google Web Toolkit

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:18:39 CEST 2006

On 5/31/06, Jonathan Woods <jonathan.woods at scintillance.com> wrote:
> I like it.  Yahoo have one too (and several others, I imagine) - we're
> probably spoilt for choice.

GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and YUI (Yahoo User Interface library) both
use AJAX technology, but they have very different approaches.
GWT compiles pure java code to javascript executable code, letting you
ignore (at least this is what they promise) that the final code will
run in a browser.
YUI is a library of utilities and UI controls to use as building
blocks for javascript interfaces.

> I think the safest first step in this work would be to get a nice clean
> interface into Workplace functionality before trying to change much there.

I second this. This would also greatly benefit the implementation of
the accessible interface I wrote about before, as it could be built on
the same API.

Alessandro Magnolo