[opencms-dev] controlcode & XML template modules

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Jun 1 06:24:56 CEST 2006

Chris -

There are four things involved in creating a new Explorer-selectable XML
content type: (i) schema creation, (ii) resource type definition, (iii)
explorer linkage, and (iv) (optional) fancy display config.  There's a good
FAQ posted by Alexander Kandzior:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013609.html which deals
with (i), (ii) and (iii); and (iv) is covered nicely by
http://www.opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=648 (both pages; start two
thirds of the way down the first page).

You'll see workplace.properties mentioned quite a bit.  This is used as a
place to stash things like field labels, field help and so on.  It's in Java
property file format and is loaded when it's on the classpath of your
installation.  There are multiple workplace.properties files, and when
looking for properties OpenCms hunts through them all until it finds a
match.  You should be developing within the context of a module, and so the
best place for your workplace.properties is in the (folder which is
equivalent to the bottom of the) classpath hierearchy.  Have a file called
workplace.properties and a copy called workplace.properties_en (and ditto
for any other localisations you're doing).

Jon

  _____