[opencms-dev] Giving webusers access to restricted area

Daryl Jensen djensen at eavantia.com
Fri Jun 2 16:11:16 CEST 2006

Hello,
I posted this on the forum but I didn't get an answer to my last post so
I am trying this also...

I have a restricted area in my website. When I log people in as a normal
user via CmsJspLoginBean everything works as expected. The user can have
access to the restricted area as well as the OpenCms workspace. However,
the requirement asks for webusers to log in to the website and not have
access to the workspace.

I created a webuser and added them to the same group that has correct
permissions and works for system users. When I log in the webuser and
print out the result of cms.getUserName it says they are logged in. But
they still can't access the restricted area. I tried adding the
individual username to the permissions but that didn't work either. I
searched the archives and found the code on how to use cms.loginWebUser
but couldn't find anything about setting webuser permissions. Thanks!