[opencms-dev] FCKedit: Null characters also 6.2.1

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Jun 6 18:10:15 CEST 2006

Dear Jonathan,

right - I hat promised to report back.
"Sorted out" would be a bit of an exaggeration.

I did:
- download the SVN head of JTidy from sourceforge and compiled it.
- debugged the stuff and the problem was still there with the current version
- build in place a small check at a certain that throws an exception when null characters get into the result
- debugged further; the problem was still there and within the modified code my exception fired. I still hadn't really isolated the problem.

- Shut down and rebootet my machine at some point
- tadaa - the problem was - and is gone (even after several reboots)....

I wouldn't call that a solution, but now it works.
Putting my custom Jtidy JAR into the opencms lib folder and removing the old one also worked on yet another machine that had the same issue before.
So that JAR seems to be blessed with some sort of auspicous voodoo energy or something...

I tried sending the JAR to the list, but it is too big, so I will send it to your mailbox personally. Anyone else who needs it - please mail me.

The exception code is still there, but if null characters creep in then you would get an exception from opencms anyway, so there is nothing lost due to my small hack.

hope that helps somehow, maybe you can tell me, if it "worked".
c.